Thursday, 3 April 2014

Questions for the Week of March 31- April 4, 2014

Welcome back from Spring Break!  I hope that everyone had a fun and relaxing time last week.  I *loved* Nepal and I hope to travel there again one day to hike in the mountains.  I *love* the mountains!!  I enjoyed seeing everyone at conferences a couple weeks ago, too.  Thank you for coming in and learning more about your child and his/her progress in Grade 3!  It has been a great year with time still remaining! :)

Please note that our class will have a field trip to the Jurong Bird Park on Monday, April 28.  More details will come home in the Friday Folder and I will ask for chaperones soon.  We will need 6 chaperones, so thank you in advance for helping out!

Here are the questions from the week...

Questions to ask your child from the week of March 31-April 4, 2014:
In Reading:
  • What have you learned about poetry so far?
  • How is poetry similar to music?
  • How can poetry "make music" with line breaks and white space?
  • What comments did you get from Ms. Carrier about your mystery assessment?

In Writing:
  • What did you write about in your Writer's Notebook this week?
  • How has your handwriting been lately?

In Math:
  • What math vocabulary have you learned this week?
  • What do you know about lines, line segments, parallel, and perpendicular lines?
  • What have you learned about angles?

In Science:
  • What are your crayfish like? 
  • How do you take care of the crayfish?
  • What structures do crayfish have? (Pincers, tail, etc.)
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment